Join Jasmine from Coastal Studio in this relaxing, half day workshop. Small classes mean one on one time with the teacher. Let Jasmine help you develop your hand building skills and successfully make your very own rustic, four piece breakfast set. You will be using textured clay and your pieces will be glazed in white, creating a rustic and speckled finish.
Jasmine is a qualified teacher, specialising in Visual Arts. She has over 20 years of experience teaching all ages from Prep, High School and adults.
*PLEASE READ INFORMATION CAREFULLY*
All the information, actual workshop address and specific details are outlined below:
- WHEN- Saturday 9th September 2017: 9am – 12:30 pm at Coastal Studio’s new studio space! Link directly below to map.
- WHERE: *WORKSHOP ADDRESS*: 106 Kildeys Rd, Boreen Point 4565, Sunshine Coast. – CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MAP
- TIME: Please arrive at 8:50am for a 9am start.
- No previous experience necessary.
- Please wear enclosed shoes.
- Includes everything you need – a clean and safe learning environment, notes, clay, tools, apron, decorative applications and two firings – bisque and glaze.
- Detailed notes on tools, materials and procedure.
- cost – $140.00 per person including a home baked morning tea
- Only five spots available to this workshop.
- Please type student’s name attending workshop at checkout in “order notes”.
- Jasmine will fire and glaze your pottery. Your pottery will be available for collection approximately 3 weeks after the workshop.
This pottery workshop is an exciting way to create a rustic, four piece breakfast set. Jasmine will guide you, step-by-step, on how to hand build a coffee/tea cup, a cereal bowl, toast plate and spoon, using the pinching & slab building techniques!
You will also experiment with decorating techniques such as sgraffito and printing patterns into the clay using crochet doilies, to create a rustic feel about your pieces… (you are welcome to bring your own doilies if you want to use them). You will be taught techniques that are used by expert potters and are relatively easy to master. This relaxing workshop will enable you to have fun and make your very own four piece breakfast set in a short time.
You can expect to:
- Learn about the process of going from wet clay to a fired and glazed piece.
- Learn the meaning of some basic pottery terminology.
- Learn handbuilding techniques such as pinching and slab building.
- Get an introduction to sgraffito and printing on clay.
- Hand build your very own rustic, four piece breakfast set.
- Have fun, make some new friends and become enthusiastic about working with clay.
- Develop an appreciation of hand building and decorating techniques.
- *Please Note: Tickets are strictly non-refundable nor transferable to another class, if you can no longer make the class you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend.