Join Jasmine from Coastal Studio in this relaxing, half day workshop. Small classes mean one-on-one time with the teacher. Let Jasmine help you develop your slab building skills and successfully make a set of 4-6 small plates with prints.
Jasmine is a qualified teacher, specialising in Visual Arts. She has over 20 years of experience teaching all ages from Prep to High School and adults.
Details about the workshop:
- Saturday 17th FEBRUARY 2018: 9am – 12:30 pm at Coastal Studio’s new studio space! Link directly below to map.
- *WORKSHOP ADDRESS*: 106 Kildeys Rd, Boreen Point 4565, Sunshine Coast. – CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MAP
- Please arrive at 8:50am for a 9am start.
- No previous experience necessary
- Please wear enclosed shoes.
- Includes everything you need – clay, tools, apron, decorative applications, glaze and firing (two firings-bisque and glaze).
- Notes provided on techniques and tips.
- cost – $130.00 per person including a home baked morning tea
- Only five spots available!
- Please type student’s name attending workshop at checkout in “order notes”.
- Jasmine will fire and glaze your pottery. Your pottery will be available for collection approximately 3 weeks after the workshop.
This introduction to hand building pottery, using slabs of clay, is an exciting way to create shapes that could never be produced using a potter’s wheel or with coiling. Jasmine will guide you, step-by-step, on how to make a set of 4-6 small plates with prints. . You will be taught techniques that are used by expert potters and are relatively easy to master. This easy technique will enable you to have fun and make some good quality pieces in a short time. You will also get a chance to experiment and then decorate your small plates with Japanese tissue transfers. The print you will be using will either be the blue waves print or the floral print that is pictured here on the left.
You can expect to:
- Be comfortable in a brand new pottery studio with air conditioning.
- Learn about the process of going from wet clay to a fired and glazed piece.
- Learn the meaning of some basic pottery terminology.
- Learn handbuilding techniques such as slab building.
- Get an introduction to printing on clay using Japanese tissue transfers.
- Hand print your very own set of small plates.
- Bring home a unique set of small plates.
- Have fun, make some new friends and become enthusiastic about working with clay.
- Develop an appreciation of hand building and decorating techniques.
- *Please Note: Tickets are strictly non-refundable nor transferable to another class, if you can no longer make the class you are welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend.